So last month we had a goodie day at work, I wanted to bring something, at first I was going to bring some traditional Calabrese Christmas goodies, scalette however my family devoured them and the night before I was forced to make something else. I really wanted to share the recipe here, I thought someone else would enjoy it, so here is a recipe for Nutella Pockets! NOTE: This recipe makes about 40 cookies, you may get more or less depending on the size you make them.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened plus 2 more tablespoons, melted.
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus 1\4 cup for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Nutella (1 1/2 cups or less, this depends on the size you make them).
- OPTIONAL: 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened. You could also try mascarpone.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the 1 cup of butter, (the optional cream cheese), and 1 cup sugar until smooth, light, and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide the dough into two portions; cover and refrigerate until the dough is firm and easy to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove one portion of dough from the refrigerator.
- On a floured surface, roll out one portion of dough until it is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Using a circle cookie cutter (or the top of a glass depending on what you have at your disposal) that is approximately 3 inches in diameter, cut circles out of the dough and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Repeat this with the rest of the dough.
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of Nutella on the center of each circle.
- Fold each circle in half so that the edges meet and lightly press the edges to seal.
- With a fork, seal the edges. Lightly brush the melted butter on the tops and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the cookies for 10 – 12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Leave the cookies on the cookie sheet for 2 – 3 minutes before removing them to wire racks to cool.
By joining the community, you'll receive exclusive letters once a month, the chance to be one of the first to know when I'm working on new things, and the occasional discount for my products or services. Sign up for monthly rounds ups and exclusive details!